- Ongoing till December 2018: 100 Years.. Peace, Protest, Conflict
- 100 years… Peace, Protest, Conflict – Exhibition at Museum of Croydon, Croydon Clocktower, Katherine St, Croydon CR9 1ET, www.museumofcroydon.com Entrance free.
- Ongoing till December 2018: Art of Peace exhibition
- An artistic response to the themes of peace, protest and conflict which complements the exhibition in the Croydon Now gallery.
- Wednesday 5 December: Trust and Integrity in Business
- Which questions do we ask? And of whom? 09:30 to 16:30 The 2018 Quakers and Business Group conference. This promises to be an impressive event, with nearly 15 speakers and a number of parallel session options for you to choose from throughout the day. See London Quakers website for further information and links.
- Sunday 16 December: Mystery play reading
- 12:15 Croydon Meeting House
As a Christmas celebration we will have an informal reading of some medieval mystery plays.
We can all join in - no acting experience necessary!
Paper scripts will be provided but if you are really keen, the scripts can be read online or transferred to your Kindle or other hand-held device. See:
- The Watter Leaders and the Drawers of Dee Playe of Noah's Flood
- The Wakefield Cycle: The Second Shepherds’ Play
- The Wakefield Cycle: The Flight into Egypt
In part, this picture gives a good idea of how the plays were originally presented: a medieval building in the background (St William’s College, York), the officers of the Company of Cordwainers in their robes and a cart providing the stage. But a female Jesus being tempted by a female Satan is not exactly medieval. And as to the costume, incredibly the programme gives a credit for "Costume" for this play. For what - doing some rips in some tight jeans?
More photos of this production - big images or thumbnail gallery.